#SpiritOfClinton Regional Photo Contest
Learn the rules and technical requirements before entering the Clinton Regional Development Corp., Clinton Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce’s photo contest.
Important! Be sure to browse all the Official Contest Rules on this page.
1. Take a photo, or locate a photo in your archives that has been taken in the area from January 2013 to the present, that captures the essence that is the #SpiritOfClinton, We have three categories from which we will be selecting winners, as follows:
-People and Activities
-Art & Architecture
The best photo submitted overall will be awarded the Best in Show prize.
2. Choose one of these social media: Google+, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. These have proven to work well with the tagboard system. Make sure your privacy settings are set to public.
3. Type the hashtag #SpiritOfClinton — along with a description of the subject and where you took it — into the subject line. Here’s an example: “Eagles feeding at Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area #SpiritOfClinton.”
4. Attach your photo and send it.
What do I win?
· At the end of the contest, a Blue Ribbon panel of judges will pick a winning photo.
· The winning photos will be displayed on the CRDC’s new website, which will be launched later this spring.
· Winners will receive prizes in River City Gold. In each of the three categories listed above, there will be a 1st and 2nd place prize. 1st place winners will receive $100, 2nd place $50. For the Best of Show photo, the winner will receive $150 in River City Gold.
How will I be contacted if I win?
· If you are a winner, staff will contact you through the social networking site you used to submit photos. So, be sure to monitor that account.
Official Contest Rules
· The #SpiritOfClinton photo contest begins March 10, 2014, and ends on April 11, 2014, at 5:30 p.m. Central Daylight Time.
Who can play
· You must be 18 years or older.
· By submitting any and all entries, you agree to the rules of the contest and affirm that you are 18 years or older.
· Parents may enter photos taken by their children, but they must include the child's name and age in the photo caption.
· Staff will determine winners' eligibility based on information submitted.
What to enter
· Enter as many photos as you would like.
· Photos taken within a 15 mile radius from Clinton, IA, that capture the great things about the Camanche, Fulton, Clinton, Low Moor, Albany, and Thomson areas. It’s OK to include people and pets in your nature shots. Strive to show what the #SpiritOfClinton means to you.
· Include photo captions with all submissions. Captions should include the following:
· The subject of the photo
· The location of the photo
· Any other information you'd like us to know about the photo.
· Size: Photos MUST be at least 2,000 pixels wide or larger. Some social networking sites may automatically resize images to a smaller size or may not accept large images. If that is the case, staff will assume that you, the submitter, have read the rules and are only submitting images that are available in at least a 2,000-pixel size. When an image is selected as a winner, staff will contact submitters and ask for the high-resolution file to be sent directly. If you cannot produce an image of sufficient resolution, then the Blue Ribbon panel will select an alternate winner.
· Format: Photos MUST be in JPG format.
· Editing: Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (cropping, small corrections to color, contrast or exposure, dust removal) will NOT be accepted.
· By entering the contest, you grant the contest hosting entities (Clinton Regional Development Corp., Clinton Convention & Visitors Bureau, and Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce) a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual and non-exclusive license to reproduce, display, distribute and publish your photo in any CRDC/CVB/CACC media, including magazines, websites, books, and exhibits or other publications. You retain all other rights to your photos.
· A Blue Ribbon panel of volunteers will determine which photos are the winners of this contest. The judging will take place during the week of April 14th, and contest finalists will be contacted that following week of April 28th. Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at the Clinton Regional Development Corp.’s Website Launch party. This is tentatively set for May 13th, 2014, (date is subject to change).
Clinton Regional Development Corp